CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Hazel Charlotte Aston




Hazel is here! She was born at home on April 1, 2009 at 3:10 p.m. She was 7 lbs 7 ounces and was 20 and a half inches long. We love her dark head of hair, we'll see if she keeps it. It was amazing and enjoyable to have her born at home. She is an angel. Zach is a very loving brother.



What's in a name? I have always loved the name Hazel, probably from growing up with stories about Aunt Hazel. My Grandpa recently said his Aunt Hazel was the superstar of the miracle their extended family was after his mom died when he was a kid. His Aunt Hazel moved in permanently and helped raise them. Zach was going to be Hazel (his original due date was even her birthday) until we found out he was a boy. I think he will thank us for saving the name for his sister.



Charlotte is a special name in Andy's family. The name is his sisters first name, his mothers middle name, his Omi's (German grandmother) first name. I don't know if it goes back further, I guess I better find out. I think it is a beautiful name and was the only contender with Hazel for a first name. The owner's of that name in Andy's family are amazing women and we are glad to have them as examples for our daughter.

16 comments:

The Popes said...

She is so stinkin cute!!!!! We hope to be your way soon, so we'll stop by!! Congrats! Thanks for the phone message! You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sweet! I loved hearing about the story behind her name.

Christie said...

Congrats! I'm so glad she's here safe and sound and oh so cute. I love the pic. of Zach with her. She looks like she's smiling! Robyn was so delighted that she got to meet her, even before me. Can't wait for my turn. Take care.

Steph said...

Welcome Hazel! We're so glad you're here. Jack has been dying to meet you and swap birth stories. Give us a call when you and your mom (and Zach!) feel like hanging out.

Carey Johnson said...

Congratulations! She is very cute and chubby. We are excited to meet her and hope you are both doing well. Love, Corey and Carey.

Christine said...

I'm loving that hair and her name is beautiful. I love that she was born on April Fools day. I need to plan that with one of my future babies. Love you guys!

Sara said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!

Ingrid said...

Many congrats! Can't wait to hear all about the birth at home-- yay!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys. Zach looks like he already loves her and what a great family picture.

MaryAnn said...

You are AMAZING! But I guess I already knew that. :) Congrats! She is gorgeous! And I LOVE her name!

Britney said...

Congratulations! She is just beautiful! We are so happy for you and that mom and baby are both healthy and well! We love you!

Staten's said...

What a cutie! I have had all three of my babies at home as well and plan on doing it again with my fourth. I love it it is so peaceful! glad you are all doing good! Jen(andersen)Staten

Ben and Jana said...

I'm so glad you put some pics on your blog! I can't wait to see all of you again soon. Question for you though... what is Zach doing in the top pic. I laughed and laughed. He's so cute. Love you guys.

HDeForest said...

She is such a darling little baby! I'd love to hold her anytime your arms get tired- give me a call! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie!!

I was just passing this along in case you haven't heard...about our 10 year class reunion. Anyway, it's on Aug 1st so they want everyone to register before July 27. Anyway - love to catch up with you sometime.

Super cute family!

Anonymous said...

http://www.classcreator.com/Smithfield-UT-Sky-View-1999